Department:Pricing & Analytics
Reporting to:Insurance Director
An exciting opportunity has arisen to be part of a fast-growing multi-national business operation which provides travel insurance in the UK, Europe and Australia predominantly for the over 50’s and/or customers who require cover for pre-existing medical conditions.
The role will involve maximising competitive advantage through changes to retail price while simultaneously maintaining solid underwriting performance to targets agreed with our insurance partners.
- Conducting data analysis and delivering pricing strategy.
- Delivering complex price optimisation models, managing price changes, monitoring performance and tracking market position.
- Creating experiments to investigate price elasticity and to assess lifetime value/customer behaviour.
- Ongoing testing/reviewing of the pricing infrastructure and to recommend improvements.
- Working with key internal stakeholders from Gibraltar and the UK, such as operations, sales, marketing, finance and IT to deliver projects and improve results.
- Presenting insights, producing reports, analysing loss ratios and tracking competitor pricing.
- Potential to grow and manage a bigger pricing team in Gibraltar.
- Insurance Director, Insurance partners, third party agencies and outsourcers service providers.
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Mathematical or scientific background educated to degree level.
- Ability to present complex technical results in a non-technical way.
- Drive, enthusiasm, creativity and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to learn and apply innovative analytical techniques.
- Knowledge of using SAS and/or VBA.
- Familiar with GLMs and predictive analytics.
- Advanced level MS Office knowledge, particularly Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Analytical and inquisitive
- Leader and team player
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Problem-solving and attention to detail
- Energetic, initiating actions
- Robust and pragmatic
- Organisational and time management skills
- Experience in designing and implementing new areas of opportunity.
- Experience in creating and/or leading a pricing team within the financial services sector.
- Actuarial qualification, part-qualification or training.
- Knowledge of products such as Emblem, Earnix or other similar packages used for pricing.
37.5 hours per week: Monday to Friday 9am – 5:30pm
How to apply:
Please apply by clicking on the button below and filling out our online application form.